Saturday, January 14, 2006


"Gothic Night": Shot this last night on the way home from work. Only had my table top tripod with me which was very hard to level on a somewhat slick service of the top of a post by the MSB building. Buildings on N. Broad St, including the Scottish Rites Cathedral, with a nearly full moon over head.
So I'm standing there shooting this, holding on to the tripod and camera during a 2-3 second +/- 1/3 auto bracket exposure and someone has to come over and get chatty with me. Well it was ok but it startled me during one of the frames. He was talking cameras so I was OK with that. Nice little talk. He always did film and we talked about the differences to digital. As he was leaving he asked if I belonged to any clubs and I said only on line. "Look up DPChallenge!"
And,BTW...what is with the wacky weather. Wednesday was high 50's and a thunder storm. Yesterday was a little less warm and very heavy fog....you couldn't see the clock on City Hall tower from two blocks away. And now, of course, it's snowing! Guess it is because Stallone is in town making another Rocky movie? Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Edward said...

Kind of a ghostly, eerie feeling. Gothic is a great word to describe it.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I love it - great POV, a little dark, but makes for a good gothic feel.

10:40 AM  
Blogger kaye said...

A bit dark, yes.. but I like the tree in the foreground and the feel you've captured here. Nicely done!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home